Wednesday 14 October 2009

Hi all,
   I have now managed to create my own packfile format (with zlib compression).  I have stored all my fonts, textures, sounds, and music in it with easy access (via TMemoryStreams) from my program!

This has two bonuses:

  1. All resource files are in one neat package.
  2. As it is my own format, it protects (to a reasonable degree) the music files I have been allowed to use in my game (thanks Imphenzia! [http://soundtrack.imphenzia.com/]).

There is a new version of the game for download (around 4.7 MB).  This version includes a .rtf (rich text format) file with instructions (and feature todo list), and background music...yeah! :)


http://fpc4gp2x.eonclash.com/downloads/DOD.7z

Please DO try it out and let me know what you think!

ANY feedback is welcome so I can improve on the game :)

NOTE: If I ever manage to add password protection to my packfile reader/writer classes, then I will release the source code so other people can use it :)

Email: paulfnicholls AT gmail DOT com

cheers,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment