Thursday 12 November 2009

I'm getting closer to finishing my entry now (I know, I know...only 17 days left) Smiley

I have changed the game-play a bit - now you start with six (6) defence satellites each level orbiting the Earth, and when you fire at an asteroid the nearest satellite to the target point is the one that fires.

Each satellite gives you 1/6 of your total maximum firing energy allowance.

NOTE you cannot fire through the Earth (need line-of-sight) so if you have missing satellites, and your target is on the other side of the planet, near gaps in the satellite 'grid', then you can't fire if you would hit the planet...

The closest satellite to the current cross-hairs position has a green circle around it, unless you have no line-of-sight, in which case there would be no green circle around any satellite, and you can't fire at the current target location.

If asteroids hit a satellite, then the satellite is destroyed, and the asteroid splits or is destroyed.

Each time a satellite is destroyed, your maximum available energy is reduced by 1/6, down to 0 energy (or no shots allowed any more).

The game is much easier IMHO now too.

I have uploaded the latest version (6MB) which includes the new game-play (satellite defence grid), and now nicer asteroid png explosions!

I also fixed a joystick issue where it wasn't working for me at home...

http://www.paulsbitsandbytes.webatu.com/dod/dod_download.php

I haven't updated the .pdf that comes with the game yet to reference the new satellite stuff, but just read the instructions above...

Any feed back would be great!!

cheers,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment